Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Family Day


Simon taking Evie for a ride at the Bass Pro Shop.


Some new friends


Showing Si how it's done


Matt helping Evie with the pink gun.


Simon indulges us with this classic photo op.
Simon could have cared less since we don't follow the Santa traditions.
I just couldn't resist getting the classic picture made, though.


Evie, on the other hand, cared very much about letting the stranger hold her.


Simon loving on Evie Spevey.
We had breakfast at Cafe Brazil on Friday.
Last year we had breakfast at Cafe Brazil the Friday before Christmas, and then I remembered we had had breakfast there the Friday before Christmas the year before as well.
So, we decided to make it a tradition that we fell into quite naturally.
This was our third year.
Same table.


Evie was throwing things on the floor.
I rearranged the kid's nativity set that we had brought with us, 
and I told Evie that Baby Jesus was watching her.
Her behavior improved.


Later on Friday I went to a home that is definitely going to become one of my favorites- Bonnie's --
And not just because she efficiently and graciously hemmed a pair of my jeans for me.
It was just homey, cozy, and charming !
Such talented friends that I get to learn so much from, in all aspects of life!


Si's new classic expression.


Evie is growing up!


Matt ordered smoked turkey migas and I ordered dessert (holiday pancakes)
We split orders so that we both received a well balance meal.
When Si ordered, he asked the waitress, "Do you guys stack up a lot of little pancakes?  I'll have that."


Our kid nativity set has been thru the fire.
Here is Simon feeding one of the main characters to his blue hippo.
Gabriel is missing a head.

2 comments:

Elicia said...

Neither of your kids looks very happy with Santa!

Anonymous said...

I have a blogspot now!

;O)

Mary