Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Playtimes - Solo, Friended, and with Cousins


Wow, Amy, two posts in two days.  How are you managing that?

1)  Simon has actually taken a nap the last two days.  He is at the age that he only falls asleep maybe once a month (or less).
2)  I am in a hurry so that my sister's husband can see pictures of his boys from this week
3)  It's Tuesday and our dinner menu on Tuesday night is scrambled eggs, toast, and fruit.
4)  A willingness to look dishevelled tonight at GFA.


A Southern Meal, or "End of the Pay-Cycle" Meal
Turnip Greens, Pinto Beans, Rice
It's actually quite yummy and healthy.


Beautiful Weather!
I planted Evie right in front of the open front door one weekend morning.


Alex is good for Simon's self-esteem.
Because, believe it or not, he really isn't THIS funny ...


Alex mimicking Simon
Their age difference is perfect.  
Alex is 2 1/2 , and they get along great.


Evie and Blaize are 5 ish months apart.
He is actually bigger than Evie.




Notice the difference in their skin tones.


It looks like Evie is styling Blaize's hair.


On the floor, they seem like the same age.


They both decide to look in the same direction -- away from the camera.


This reminded us of Jacob and Esau.


Evie manages to escape.


Blaize is content, regardless.


One beautiful 70 degree morning this week.
Si's friend Lorena was over one morning while I watched her.


Simon and Lorena are 6 weeks apart in age.
Wow, Lorena is looking like her big sister!


They played well together.
I think the boy/girl mix makes getting along and sharing come more naturally.
They seem to desire different toys, so, less conflict!


I LOVE this picture!
It's like Evie is posing with a friend ---
Like either Evie or Lorena whipped out their cell phone, put it at arm's length, and snapped a picture from this ubiquitous pose!


This was a puzzle Simon and Lorena (er, mommy) put together.
At the end, they wanted to tear it apart and do it again, and my mommy heart faltered.
Until, I had the brilliant idea,
"Let's save it for when your mom picks you up.   Then she can see it."


Simon, Evie, and I met Alex, Blaize and Kelly at the Arboretum this morning.
We had to take advantage of this GORGEOUS 70 - 80 degree weather!


At this precise moment, Simon was saying, "Shelter."
He was pointing at our 'shelter' where we escaped one day from the rain.



I missed Matt today, but it's probably a good thing he wasn't with us.
I  listened to one song on repeat pretty much the whole time, and that would drive him crazy.
(It was "Be Magnified" Ooh, I should post the lyrics later.)


Hard workers.


Still working hard.
Reminds me of a verse I read yesterday,
" ... that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises."
Hebrews 6:12


"Hi."


"I miss my daddy."


Simon running -- 
Maybe that is why he slept today.


A rare treat  - I ignored the stroller manual and let Simon ride in the back seat.


Be Magnified

"I have made you too small in my eyes
O, Lord, forgive me.
And I have believed in a lie
That you were unable to help me.

But now, O Lord, I see my wrong.
Heal my heart and show yourself strong.
And in my eyes and with my song,
O Lord, be magnified.


" I have leaned on the wisdom of men,
O Lord, forgive me.
And I have responded to them,
Instead of your light and your mercy.

But now, O Lord, I see my wrong,
Heal my heart and show yourself strong.
And in my eyes and with my song,
O Lord, be magnified ...

Chorus:
Be magnified, O Lord.
You are highly exalted.
And there is nothing you can't do.
O Lord, my eyes are on you.
Be magnified ...


So, I am the kind of musically-insensitive person who can listen to one song all day long, and it doesn't drive me crazy.


"Don't worry.  I have your back."


My picture-treasure of the day.


"Give me ten, Evie."




My other picture-treasure.



Gotta love those elephant ears.
It's a McDaniel-man thing.




Sweet loving.


Just what where we looking at?



Evie, exhausted from the botanical gardens and her carriage (stroller) ride.
What a hard life.

2 comments:

Corey, Kelly, Alex, Blaize said...

Beautiful cousins! I miss them ALL!!!!

tony and teressa said...

I love that last photo. Evie all exhausted from her stroller ride! ha ha. Love your blog amy! Evie looks like she is crawling around with a mission now. I guess you get to follow her all over the house now. :)