Monday, July 07, 2008

More of July 2008


Evie was sitting and then fell back on the pillows !
We LOVE the blanket our cousins made her for Christmas - it's pink with cows !  
Too cute!  And extra soft for all of the falls!


A random shot of Matt and I as we watched fireworks - Matt was experimenting with the camera; hence, the 'interpretive' photos ...


The face of a fatigued (with fun) boy !


The side of our house isn't an eyesore anymore!
Matt and his dad 'gifted' us with service as they built two "raised plant beds" with scraps and then put our old stones to good use.  The best part of this is that it wasn't my idea, nor my request!


Awoken too early from nap ...


Hmmm...double post


This is Matt !  Notice the similarities with Simon!
Notice the old-school McDonalds party paraphernalia and the ash trays on the table!


Really, she IS this happy !


Sunday morning I took Simon outside to see the lemon tree and orange tree we had bought the night before - (at Lowes half-price!)  Anyway, Simon immediately retrieved the watering can and began watering the trees on his own initiative - in his pjs!



Filling it up with water from his wading pool.

On the trees:  the salesperson told us she left her citrus tree in the container it came from and put it on her patio at her condo and that her orange tree yielded 200 plus oranges last season!  So, we'll see!  I guess we have to wait a year ...?  Not sure how this works.

I've been wanting a lemon tree since hearing my Aunt Nancy rave about hers last December!


Diligent in service


My friend Debi commented (and complimented, in my opinion, though I guess that is up for interpretation,) that our backyard felt like the "deep South."   I concur !  



Si watering the tomatoes and peppers that had yet to be planted.


After church Sunday, Matt's mom wanted to take a picture of Matt and I.
Look who snuck in the picture!
Funny thing is that we could NEVER get him to pose so well if we had asked him to ...


We visited The Ridge on Sunday.  I was excited that part of the worship service included several favorite Hillsong United songs ... including my latest favorite, "Mighty to Save."


One of Simon's creations.


Bedtime Storytime


Poor Evie is coming down with a cold!
You can't tell in this picture, but I had 'dressed' for gardening, with pig-tails, and rolled up, "work" jeans.  Getting "in character" helped me not mind getting my fingers dirty!

Matt's parents helped me fill the two plant boxes with tomatoes and peppers!


In the background of this picture you can see some paper on the back wall.  While Matt's parents were here, we had written down what we wanted to do each day.  We did this at the beginning of their visit, just to kind of parcel out activities, meals, and projects.  Mostly it was fun stuff on the list.  Each page "held" two days' worth of lists ... 

We did great on all of our intentions, except for tennis.  I had drawn tennis rackets on several days, as reminders for Matt and his dad to play.  Everytime Matt's dad visits, Matt asks him to bring his rackets, and then Matt will never play with him!  It really is quite funny.  They did well on the bike icons and went biking, but...the tennis 'duties' were shirked once again.  So, I brought that to Matt's attention yesterday and he commented that the fact that they watched Wimbledon and played tennis on the Wii fulfilled the tennis duty, so we could cross it off the list!


This is Matt's older brother Ollie and Matt at two weeks of age.
Simon resembles Ollie a little, too !


Matt, at age 2, sporting Mr.Potato head glasses.


Simon at age 3 sporting Mr.Potato Head glasses.


Matt at age 31 sporting Mr.Potato Head glasses.


Another picture of Matt when he was younger that reminds me of Simon (see picture below of Simon...)  Simon is 3 in this picture and in the picture above, Matt is a bit older than 3, but you can definitely see strong similarities!


2 comments:

thetysonfamily said...

Amy, your yard is beautiful! We've actually gotten rain the last couple of weeks, which is nice. :) I love seeing all the green there! And I love the old pics, I can't believe how much Matt and Simon look alike! Evie's smile is adorable and contagious! Ok, enough with the exclamations. ;) I love you and miss you! (Oh, one more apparently. ;))

tony and teressa said...

matt and simon sure do look a lot alike! love those old photos. especially matt at age two rockin the potato head glasses.

your backyard is really really cool. and evie sure is very happy in that photo!! :)