Monday, April 09, 2007

Resurrection Sunday!






This year we have been trying to really teach Simon what Easter is really about. I watched a children's animated Easter video with him twice this week and he seemed to really get excited that "Jesus is Alive!"

On a funny note, we watched it once with Matt who started laughing during the credits. Apparently the script writer was a famous mormon, Orson Scott Card.

Simon did the Easter Egg hunt at church on Saturday. He was able to take home a big plastic Easter bunny. On Sunday morning, Simon woke up kind of early, I went in there just to check on him and whispered in his ear, "Simon, Jesus is Alive!!!" He looked at me. Opened up my hands and looked in them (they were empty.) Then asked, "Where's my bunny rabbit?" Oh well...I went to get the plastic bunny, Simon hugged the bunny and went back to sleep for another hour.

No comments: