Friday, July 15, 2005

Life Lessons


Priority

I love that goofy guy.

5 years of marriage, 2 ish years of dating. Seems like the latest statistic I heard on the divorce rate was that 50% of marriages end in divorce--HALF of all marriages. I was really sad a couple of years ago when two of our really good friends (couple friends good for double dating) got a divorce. This was a couple that seemed to be so happy, and they could make you laugh and laugh and laugh. And they went to church and he played the guitar and .... Well, too close to home.

Tonight Matt was hanging out with a friend of his that is about to be going thru a divorce.

So, of course, this makes me think. I think people in marriages have to be on the offensive, expecting attacks and heading them off beforehand.

I've been changing a lot in my mind. Really realizing that my family is my number one priority. Even if it's a little family of three. I heard once that whatever job you have, someone else could do the same job, probably better. But you are the only one who can be the wife or mother or husband or father that you are designed to be.

So, as I continue my struggle to live for the audience of One (this is really hard for me because I used to live for approval), I am realizing that it is okay to change priorities and to make sacrifices for the sake of cultivating a healthy family.

So, while other relationships and committments will occur as I try and live how Christ would, I will not feel guilty for choosing family over busyness or business or both!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hello World said...

As a male commenter I just want to say you're a lucky girl to have Matt. He's lucky too. kindof.... thanks for bringing the cd to church I love you

Hello World said...

Hey Amy. How are you guys. Me and Troy are at the cafe down here. All is well. Later. gtg