Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Slam

You are about to be slammed with summer pictures, and some pictures from the spring, too!
I'm trying to get all caught up because .... I start work on Monday!   I am very excited for this next season of our family's lives.  I am very excited to face new challenges and opportunities.  But that's a whole other post ... this post is all about summer snapshots!


Simon getting his wii-fit time in, and Evie cheering him along on his race!


A snapshot from Simon's 8th birthday party!
Our family has been blessed with very dear friends.


Timmy and Simon


Game faces


At the city pool
We spent a lot of time here this summer, in between bouts of Evie's eczema!


Evie wore this toy around her waist pretty much all day; she was so ready to go to the pool yesterday.  I had staff training until 3, and when I came home we headed to the pool.  

These boots have been one of my favorite garage sale finds for Evie!


The other day Simon gushed,
"Mom, do you ever get that feeling where all of a sudden you are just so happy you are alive and you just can't believe it .... you know, that you are actually alive!  I get that feeling all the time!"


I was having some trouble today helping Simon with an Alien Lego Set.
I remarked, "I don't understand."
Simon, 'That's okay, Mom, no one really understands Aliens."




Keepin' it real!



Evie will turn five in two short months!
Wow!


Can you see Evie on the left with her faithful monkey tube?


There's Simon's red hair!
Love that kid!


Simon is one of the most easy going kids I know.
For example, the other night I had told him we would go out to eat, but then I was too tired.
I asked him if he minded if we just went home and had boiled eggs and fruit.
His reply?  "Okay, sounds good!"
So thankful for his flexibility!


Evie loves to dress up!
One of her great strengths is that she is very careful, and she has a great memory!
She never leaves toys or purses, and usually, if she wants to take something with her the next day, she puts it right by the back door so that she won't forget it.
A girl after my own heart.  Literally.


Impressionist tea-cup photo of the kids and I


My mom on a carousel!


Having fun with the kids at the Dallas Zoo!


Simon and the Eagle


Evie's on the giraffe!  (of course!)


The kids were great sports at the zoo.
We accidentally went on dollar day, and it was so crowded, but we rose to the occasion.
I let each person choose one attraction, then we called it a day!
Short and sweet.



Simon loves a good map!



My mom described the sugar free, gluten free, vegan muffins I brought as "almost a treat!"


Love this snapshot!


Oh, just relaxing deceptively near a Whole Food bag while she nibbles on a nutrient free cracker of sorts.


Simon and Colton were as busy as bees!



Here's Elise!


We were at The Fields - a property of First Baptist Church Carrollton.
This is where Simon will play soccer this fall.


Carrollton's Rosemeade Pool - the kids call it "the dump" pool because of the huge buckets that dumps out water intermittently.


Yes sir.


What cute cows


Rhome and Evie


Evie dancing in the sprinkler
Yes, it is those boots again!


Simon and friends at the zoo on a field trip


Timmy and Simon


Peace
Three generations of McDaniel men
Easter Weekend, 2012


Evie and Moriah (age 11 months)
Enjoying a leisurely shopping trip





No comments: