Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Simon loves the bucket of Toy Story Army Men! This is the Valentine's gift we gave him. I actually had to have Matt hide it from me when I bought it to keep me from giving it to Simon beforehand. I KNEW he would LOVE it and it went against every grain in me to wait to give it to him.

So ..... Simon seems to have morphed into this incredibly sentimental and affectionate little boy. He can hardly function in the morning unless he's given and received lots of hugs and kisses from me. He comes up to me spontaneously during the day with hugs and kisses and refrains of "I love you, Mama, I love you Mama." Car rides are also times for these new and frequent declarations of affection. If I go on an errand, I come home, and you would think I'd been gone for weeks based upon Simon's excitement.

Tonight after we read his Bible story, Simon kept saying, "I love you mom, I love you mom, I'm so happy, I just love you, mom." I said, "Simon, it's like someone has slipped you some sort of love bug ... what is going on? Did someone slip you something?" He said, "Someone did." I said, "Who?" He said, "God." I asked, "What did He give you?" Simon said, "Love."
Our yummy and scrumptious cinnamon rolls this morning.
Evie's Valentine's gift was a new dvd, "God Made Babies."
Both kids still like the simple puppets and hymns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amy, this post is wonderful. i love that it shows both his love for his mama and his love for army men. that is one amazing son. :)