Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Riding along with the McDaniel Fam

Believe it or not, we really have fun on road trips. I think we realize splitting the drive and staying in a hotel is what makes it more fun because we don't really have to 'stretch' the kids too far.

On our way back to Texas the kids watched movies, read books, and I read "Stuart Little" by E.B. White to Simon. Really, it turned out that Matt was more interested in it than Simon. Matt likes cute little storybook mice.

I love in the video above how Evie is also kicking her feet. You'll see Matt's captivating routing with my pink back massager that has been everywhere with us - hospital rooms, India, Europe. It's a well-traveled piece of plastic. It can usually take care of a headache better than Tylenol.

You'll also noticed how loaded our van is, with our stuff and we brought back most of Kellie and Josh's gifts from the wedding, including the big box with the new tv in it. Matt was so sweet and carefully boxed it up for them, taped the box and treated it with care, even lugging it into our hotel room so it wouldn't risk being stolen.

2 comments:

lynninlove said...

Too cute darling. I love Evie kicking in beat too!!

Anonymous said...

I must say...I love the music in the video. How could you not have a blast on a road trip with that playing?? I need some of that on my zune for my long runs!!!