Saturday, May 09, 2009

Stages and Snapshots

Lunch and Playtime One Day at the Nature Preserve
More than Conquerors
GFA Family and Volleyball
These boys dug deep enough to 'hit' water.
The Cutest Spectator, Evie

Evie has started dancing lately which is an instant smile-maker.
I love how Michael is looking at Matt as if he is a complete nut-case.
I think Matt was dancing here ...
Breakfast at the Arboretum with a group from my mother's church.
Simon bonding with Pops.
Evie had her 18 month exam this week.
She finally weighs 20 pounds (20 lbs, 4 ounces)
So we are able to put her in a front-facing carseat ....
She is in the 50th percentile for height, 3rd percentile for weight
The pediatrician seemed relieved that Evie was finally walking.
I can't believe that she is one and a half!
Simon is just the cutest thing as well.
The other day when we were going for a nature walk to collect treasures, he announced in a very loud and clear voice ...
Simon:  Are we looking for trash?
NO!
Are we looking for shiny stuff?
YES!
He makes a great expedition leader.
My friend Bonnie made these sweet matching outfits for Simon and Evie.
Seamstresses AMAZE me.
This is one of the storytime play structures on display at the Arboretum.
There is a place near the entrance of the Arboretum where you can get coffee, etc.  I surprised the ladies with breakfast (a couple of muffins) in a mini-paper bag with a scripture label.  Anyway, on one of the bags I put a scripture on how God is our portion and in that bag there was just a little half of a mini muffin instead of two larger muffins.  I thought it was pretty funny.  And, yes, I had another bag for the lady who happened to get that verse ....
I know it looks like Simon is trying to break Evie's neck, but he really wasn't ...
Simon helping with the demolition in our garage.
We are basically moving our washer and dryer six feet from where they are (laundry room) into the garage that is right next to our current laundry room.
Our current laundry room will be annexed into our kitchen, thus giving me 6 more feet of counter space!!!  I'll actually be gaining 9 feet of counter space because we are mounting the microwave that currently takes up a 24 inch section of counter space and we are extending one middle 'wall' of the kitchen 12 inches ....
It was warm enough at the Arboretum for Simon to get drenched.
Happy Mother's Day!
(Well, it's tomorrow, but I'm thankful for these kiddos right now!)
escape artist si
Fast-forward to the tween or teenage years ...
I can see Evie now ....
We went to a wedding yesterday for Chris and Cathy!
These kids (yes they are still kids to us) were in the youth group and we used to teach them.  Cathy also attended the public school we worked at Matt used to teach her there, too.
I think we ran across a detention slip lately that he had written her once ....
And we've known Chris since he was a little lad ....
And then their worlds collided ....
Small world
May God Bless their Marriage!
The evening was charming and bucolic.
I don't think I've ever been to an wedding that was outside, but now I am a huge fan of them.
Gigi and Evie

1 comment:

Summer said...

I love that first picture of Evie in Simon's lap. I clicked on it and looked at it big. The expression on his face is really touching. It's a very sweet snapshot of sibling affection.