Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Simon and Alex







Kelly came over last Thursday to spend the day up here. Simon and Alex had a grand time together. To me, it was really apparent that Simon was trying to 'show off' for Alex. It was like he was showing him all the wonderful things that a 'big boy' could do. Simon did things he NEVER does. Harmless, but weird things. For example, he knows not to bring things out of the pantry, but at one point he was sitting at the kitchen table, in an 'adult chair,' holding an upopened jar of banana peppers and acting like he was eating them. He also ran into the kitchen, opened a lower cupboard, which he never does, and pulled out a plastic bowl and lid to bring to Alex.

Simon is finally over his ear infection and we are finally finished with his round of antibiotics. The weather here has been gorgeous; we've been using the air conditioner pretty much only at night. I can be rough it with air-temp in the day, but at night I like to be cool, cold almost. Maybe we should shut the vents in Simon's room, though, he seems to be pretty cold when he gets up in the morning.

Simon and I enjoyed a nice walk this morning. Hoping to run an errand to Kroger before he expires. We already had our lunch of blueberries, yogurt, and oatmeal.

I am almost inspired by the weather to go walking in the early morning. It is kind of nice to be able to pray and listen to music solo. But, Simon, so enjoys the stroller rides, and I don't think I want to make the time committment to go twice .... Hmm...what a nice dilemma.

1 comment:

Hello World said...

Cool pix. Thanks for letting me stay over this week. Hope I didn't wake yall. Yalls train woke me up early, can yall do something about that? just kidding :) lol