Monday, December 05, 2005

I'm Not Crazy

This Friday was all night prayer. We left early because my stomach was hurting from something I ate. We got home right around 2 a.m.

Anyway, around 4 in the morning, I woke up and heard this noise. It sounded like someone had run into our house. I woke Matt up and told him. He thinks I'm crazy. Then I downsize the story and convince him to check the hall bath. Maybe the shower curtain fell. Nope. We go back to sleep.

The next morning I keep walking around the house and trying to find what fell. Matt still thinks I'm crazy. I check the garage. Still crazy. Mid morning I happen to check the backyard. Still crazy.

At almost noon I was making a cup of tea and said aloud, "I"m going to look at the front yard and see if I can tell what happened." NOT CRAZY.

As I looked out the kitchen window, I saw half of our pastoral fence was teken out and part of a crepe myrte. I tell Matt "Aha. Something happened to our fence." He unconvincingly goes outside and humbly acknowledges that in fact, I am not crazy, someone almost ran into our house. They did run into our yard.

We live on a hill, so we think they lost control of their car. Going to fast. Prob'ly had been drinking. PTL the driver wasn't hurt b/c he (why do I assume it's a male?) came less than a foot from having the drivers side run into a really big tree.

No big deal. No real damage. We had the police come over just to put it on record so that it might help support a plea for a speed bump on our street that I plan to seek sometime after the New Year.

1 comment:

Corey, Kelly, Alex, Blaize said...

Wow, praise God for the tree. Look forward to seeing you guys. I've missed the pics of Simon. See you guys in about a week and a half. Wow. :)

Corey