Sunday, August 21, 2005

Revolution in World Missions Flashback


This pix reminds me of the cover of Revolution in World Missions.

When we were at Edisto Island this summer, there was a new bookstore/coffee house that had a box of New Testaments by the door for free. A sweet Christian couple owns the place, and this is their first season to have it open. They probably opened it up after retirement.

I had the opportunity to give a copy of Revolution in World Missions to the lady/owner who was making my cup of java. I told her a little bit about it, and she told me how her Sunday School class was sponsoring a missionary in Haiti. I suggested she might read the book and consider putting out a box of these 'free books', too. She said she would pass the book along to her husband, because 'he was the one who ordered the bibles and put them out there.' She was really nice about it, and I never had the opportunity to follow up with her husband because I never saw him there.

(I do know that he exists, though, because my cousin Sarah took Simon there once for an afternoon visit. While she was reading on the porch, the man/owner brought out a toy for Simon as a gift. It was a little blue beanie baby. Sarah thinks he felt sorry for her, thinking she was a teenage mom, but she was too embarassed to explain that Simon wasn't hers.)

So, let's pray that the wife did pass the book along to her husband, and that he would be willing to pass these books along, too. I'm sure that many believers visit the store, and they probably have a little bit more time on their hands for reading since they would be on 'vacation.'

Who knows, maybe the little island store could be instrumental in the Great Commission.

Hey, I'm just wondering...I know we've been passing out a lot of copies of Revolution in World Missions, and I know a bunch of our teens got a copy at Acquire the Fire...So, I'm wondering if any of ya'll have read it and what are your thoughts???

If you're wondering what I'm blogging about, you can click on a link on my blog for a free book and all of your questions will be answered!


1 comment:

בְּשֵם יְהוָֹה וְיֵשׁוּעַ וְרוחַ מִרְיָם said...

I've read "Revolution In World Missions" before and was blown away by the book. I've since ordered a free copy and have posted an advertisement on my blog for people to order their free copy. Thanks for the logo link. Shalom and God bless!